Friday, January 6, 2017

Reflections




Our year 2016 was not the year we planned at all.
We have been...
tired,
tried,
worn,
weary,
broken,
faint.
And yet, God has been with us each day, showing us that this was the way He had for us to walk.



He has
strengthened,
sustained,
guided,
spoken,
loved,
taught,
comforted.




Though I would have never chosen these days for myself, I am thankful He was wise enough to choose them for me.
He knows what is best for my life and the lives of those I love,
and I've seen His hand holding,
His words leading,
His voice comforting and convicting,
and His goodness prevailing.


I have seen again and again that He is not safe, but He is good.






We have seen God work in so many hearts and lives this year, not the least our own.
We are blessed more than I can recount to be allowed to serve the Lord and raise our family here in Ghana.
He is building His church, and He is growing His people.








There have been numerous times this year when I was so bone-tired that I didn't know if I could do the next thing He had for me,
when I was pouring out so much that I felt I would never have enough,
when all I could do was plead with God for mercy.
And every single time I was at that place,
God renewed me,
sustained me,
filled me afresh,
and wrapped His loving arms around me.
He gave me the truths I needed every time I needed to be reminded.









And then, in His kindness, He gave us time to rest.
To quiet our schedule,
our hearts,
our minds,
our home,
our family,
and make a peaceful place of joy,
and hope,
and renewal,
and refilling,
and fun.
Because He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.



Now that we've had our sabbath, we are ready to do what He has called us to next.
We are rested and ready to step into this new year following Him wherever He leads.



The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want, He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. Psalm 23

2 comments:

  1. God bless you in 2017. Can't wait to meet you & your family when you come stateside. It's been a real blessing to read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to hear of God's blessing. Made me think over my year as I was reading because I saw a lot of my year in this. God is merciful and loving in all things, the good and the bad. ~Sarah Bussard

    ReplyDelete