Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Peek Into Ghana Life

After living in any one place for a long time, everything one sees seems normal.
Yet, if I think a bit, I remember when driving down the roads here filled me with wonder.
Here are a few images I've collected over the last few months.
I try to be very careful to respect the people of this great country I live in by not portraying anyone in a way they would find embarrassing.

The traditional dress of an Asante man...


Used clothes for sale...


Ghanaian clothing items for sale...


Making traditional funeral cloth....


Wood items for the home...


An overloaded trotro carrying both passengers and a load...


No matter the time of year, we always have butterflies...


And dwarf goats...


I thought you might enjoy just a peek into the things I see every day here in Ghana.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post very much! My husband and I were just talking the other day about how "normal" things are now that once were so strange and amazing! It is always good for us when guests come to see this life through their eyes.

    ReplyDelete