Sunday, July 19, 2015

These Days....

My brain feels absolutely packed with about a million things so I thought it would be better to just show you a peek into my recent days....

We've been playing games, lots of games, including Monopoly Jr., which Lili has just learned to play {with a bit of help} and is slaughtering everybody....


Observing lots of God's World around us, including this enormous dung beetle! The girls watched him for quite a long time....


Cooking in the outdoor kitchen....this is some lovely "pickles" made by Ella.....to later be disposed by me after they rot......


Big girls learning Stratego....lots of fun, this one!


Continuing on our annual summer cleaning time, which has gotten a bit slowed down, but is close to being done. Includes all kinds of repairs, like repairing curtains that are getting a bit old,...


painting the school room {and touching up things here and there} the color I've actually wanted it to be all along,......


totally redoing the schoolroom, which we now are calling the library, because I've always wanted to live in a house with its very own library. That reveal will be soon!


And being totally swamped with our upcoming Love and Marriage Conference at our church.
John has been working almost round the clock for the last two months trying to get the five booklets he's writing done on time. Here's a sneak peek at one of the book covers:


If you think of it, would you please be in prayer for us from now through August 14th and 15th?
We will be having an evening session on the 14th for all engaged and married couples from our church and some other nearby churches. It will be a special time in our home with many young believers who've never been taught anything about love or marriage.
On the 15th, we'll have a full day of special studies at our church for all age groups.
A ton of work and preparation goes into something like this, and the next few weeks will be packed full.
On top of all that's going on with the conference, I have to get all my school planning and ordering done for the upcoming school year very soon.
I'm also really excited about a blog series I'm planning for the month of August. I'm going to be writing about the conflict we mamas can feel at times between all we've been given to do and spending time with God in His Word. It's something the Lord has really been working on my heart about since baby #4 came along. I'm lining up a number of guest posts and sharing some tools that will hopefully be a blessing to many of you!


1 comment:

  1. "to later be disposed by me after they rot......" Ah...this is what good mamas do! Lol.

    ReplyDelete