Saturday, January 31, 2015

New Things


While the turn of the year is well past, we are enjoying the new and exciting things it has brought....

Carey's eleventh birthday...



New work at the church property that has slowed a bit now that the inside of the auditorium is painted, the roof is on the Sunday School room, the doors are up and the window frames have been installed. There is still some painting to be finished and some window shutters that need to be installed, but everybody is ready for a break before tackling the next items on the to-do list...






A new Bible reading schedule....


A new journal....


New things to be thankful for....


A new project John and I are working on.....


New stationery {a sweet gift from a hubby who knows me well ~ what could be better than books and paper?}


Newly refreshed corners of our home......


New recipes that everybody loves.....

a brown lentil salad that's both quick and filling ~ perfect for lunch!
{The link is for the original recipe ~ It is a good starting point, but I morphed it to fit our tastes and what we had available!}


My favorite go-to breakfast ~ Bircher muesli {another one that easily fits what is available!}


And our new favorite dessert ~ homemade butterscotch pudding! 
Should I warn you that I've made this three times in the last five days? It is THAT good.



Learning new things that help my family.....






And seeking to enjoy each new day.......and whatever adventure it brings!


5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Love the pictures! May God continue to bless your family and the people of Ghana. "And He who sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all thing new." Rev 21:5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Curious (me!) needs to know: what is that green seaweed stuff? I enjoyed your post. The photos of the new church are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of all the men in church! We need more men in every country to lead their families to church!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love that last picture! Brina does that all the time with her baby dolls too! Only a missionary kid in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe Carey is 11! Where does time go? :) Looks like another year for change and growth all around for all of us. Love you all and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete