Tuesday, November 11, 2014

For the Days When You Must Hunt for the Beautiful.......


Some days are bright and happy and sing from beginning to end.
But there are other days, when I must hunt for the beautiful.....



After a slow day, or a rough day, or an emotional day, or a hurried day,
I must remember to get up and open my eyes.



I must peel off the scales of ingratitude that quickly cloud my vision.
I must shake off the apathy that so easily settles on my soul.



I must climb high and look low.
I must pull back, and pull apart, and pull down the things that keep me from seeing.
I must search for the treasures that are hidden all around me, often in plain sight.
I must choose to be a glory-hunter, a beauty-chaser, a soul following hard after Him.



And as I reach out to gather all the magnificent close......
His right hand holds me right up.....
Pinning me fast to His side....
surrounded by the beauty that He is.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Today was definitely a day that required hunting for the beautiful! So, I can definitely relate! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Patty! Absolutely awesome pictures, too! I especially love that first green thing with the white interior. Such beauty! What a great God we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you loud and clear! You picked the perfect pictures to illustrate your point, too. :) Thank you! I sure do miss you guys! I can't wait until we get to see you again and get to speak face-to-face in ways other than Skype! :D Love you all!

    ReplyDelete