Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shadow Puppets


I don't often get the chance to write two days in a row, but I thought this might be something enjoyable for those of you who are snowed in.....again.
Snow is not something we face, but long evenings with no electricity is.
Maybe these would be a nice change of pace?
My inspiration for the shadow puppet theater came from Amber Lee.


I simply cut my freezer paper how I wanted it and ironed it onto a piece of muslin.


A few coats of paint and a little bit of drying time were all it took to get it ready.


I cut some triangles out of cloth to look like pennant flags and fabric-glued them on.




The girls love using their shadow puppets that they got for Christmas to put on shows for us!
And for those who didn't get any shadow puppets for Christmas, we recently found these FREE shadow puppets in our Valentine's boxes!



If you don't have any supplies on hand, and no time either, maybe try hand shadow puppets?
The kiddos love those too!


What a fun way to spend a dark, cold {or hot!} night!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Perfect for a snow day or power outage! :)

    ReplyDelete