Thursday, October 10, 2013

Our New Song

In these days of new-borness it is not always easy to see anything but the repetition.....
the diapering...
and the feeding.....
and the holding....
and the putting down....
and the picking up....
and the tiredness of it all....
and the doing of it over and over....
and over.
And in the midst of all the baby things,
I find myself groping,
struggling,
grasping for a new rhythm....
desperate to find a brand-new melody for our family.
And so we practice....
some days quite bumpy, with tears shed.
Other days, a bit smoother,
but all of it?
The song of life being lived....even if it is a bit disharmonious at times.
The song that comes when a new life enters the home.
To help me see the blessings of this newness,
I pick up camera and grab images through the days....
something besides
diapers...
and feedings...
and tiredness.....


 10:00 a.m. Holding baby Mackay as she's just finished breakfast.....#2.

11:00 a.m. Daddy and older girls home from public school Bible club and bring boxes ~ one from a sweet friend and one from Great-Granny!

11:30 a.m. Trying to get in a bit of school {from the couch} and enjoying a letter from my sis-in-love.

11:45 a.m. Run to check pumpkin seeds drying in oven ~ been burning quite a few things lately...

12:30 p.m. Daddy practicing guitar while the girls dance 'round the lunch table {instead of clearing it!}.

1:00 p.m. Baby quite ready for lunch {as mama was trying to finish hers first!}

2:00 p.m. Nap time for baby {and Daddy, too}.

3:00 p.m. My helpers bringing in laundry from the lines {when did they get so big?}

4:00 p.m. Mixing together syrup ingredients ~ I'm thinking pancakes for supper!

5:00 Grabbing a few seconds outside to enjoy the cool{er} air and beautiful blue sky.

6:00 p.m. Time for supper...and lights out!

7:00 p.m. Baby asleep....saving up her energy for the midnight hour, I think!

 And so my days go.....
we continue to search for that new melody...
the new way we sing together as a family....
but while we are looking?
I'm enjoying the practice.

3 comments:

  1. You'll find your rhythm, soon, I think. I loved the pictures, especially the little girls with the baskets on their heads. Ummmm I have to know what was in the pot making syrup? Yes, I'm curious! God bless you and all your family. I love the glimpses into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed how the rhythm finds you one day when you don't realize it. You find that you just stopped searching one day and it happened, almost overnight it seems. It's like when you give something over to God after holding onto it for so long and it just miraculously works out right - a shock to us, but not to Him! :) We love you all and pray for you all the time! May God give you the wisdom to find that needed rhythm, and just when you need to find it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is so sweet!
    I don't currently have a newborn, but can totally relate:) We have built a barn, shed, hosted 24 people at our 1520 square foot home for the weekend, had a 5th year church anniversary, went to National Pastor's Conference, and had a week of piano training in Winnipeg for the mommy....all in September! NO school is started at my house! My verse for the last few weeks has been, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God...". I'm definitely in need, and am so very thankful for this verse:)
    I'll be praying for you in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete