Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Welcome To Our Nest House Tour ~ Our Bedroom



Thanks for joining me on this little house tour.
All your comments have been so kind and thoughtful.
Today we head to the master bedroom.
This room has proved quite a challenge from the beginning....
starting with the fact that is has four doors ~ two entrances, a door to the bathroom, and a door to a tiny {and unusable at this point} porch.


We also have a weird wall, which I wrote about here.
Sadly enough, this is the room I've done the least with.....though I'm working on it little by little.
I finally got a chair in here, after quite a few years of wanting one, but as you can see, I only have foam for the cushion. Eventually it will be covered!


We moved my little desk in here, and it is the perfect place for me to do my reading and writing.


Just like in our front room, we've tried to decorate with what we've found here in Ghana, but I have added a few furlough finds, too.






While this house does have more storage than any house I've ever seen here, we still have to find creative ways to store some things!


One of those doors leads to an attached bathroom ~ I love this!



I'm happy with our bedroom and bathroom so far, but I don't feel like it's quite done.
I have a few ideas floating around for accent colors and such, but I'm curious if any ideas jump out at you?
If you care to share, I'd love to hear them!


3 comments:

  1. I love the black and white picture of the hands! That gave me an idea for a picture in our home, perhaps for BJ's office. Love it! I love your other decorations too, especially the pictures of you and your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the theme. :) The only idea I have is one I've seen a few places where you add words to the wall with paint or those sticky type letters. That is such a neat idea that I'd love to do myself, but have yet to try (partly because I'd like to find a way to somehow do that with stencils or see if I could find a place that will print out what I want in sticky letters without my having to pay a fortune for it!). Since you are such a fan of the written words and quotes, I think that would be an amazing addition. Just a thought, though. :) Either way, I know you will come up with that finishing touch (or touches) that complete the look beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and restful, just what you want in a bedroom. Great job! Oh, and I like the "native" touches!

    ReplyDelete