Thursday, August 8, 2013

Swinging In-Between


I'm living now in the land of In-Between.
I swing between The-Life-I-Know and Life-As-It-Is-About-To-Become.
I swing between wanting to nest and wanting to fly away.
I swing between a long list of things to-do and wanting to just lay in bed and stare at the wall.
I swing between sanity and something close to insanity at moments.
I swing between wanting the house perfect and the bag packed to not really wanting to think about giving birth at all.
I swing back and forth and back and forth.
Some days are like the rhythm of a front porch swing on a warm summer's night,
and other days?
Those days are like the swings at the amusement park that keep taking you higher and faster and you feel like your head or stomach aren't going to make it through the ride.
But whether I like it or not, I can't get off this swing.
It is part of what is taking me to the next step of my journey.
It is just as much a part of all this as conception and growth and delivery.
It is my time to wait and slow and grow and prepare.....
and one day {the day that never feels like it can come soon enough at this point!}
It will be time.
My swinging will be done.
I'll step off into a brand-new adventure
with new challenges all its own.
**************************

For you dear sweet people who've asked......
Yes, I'm still alive!
And I may not be kicking, but baby sure is!
In the midst of the life-living, baby-nesting, summer-vacationing, swinging we've been doing, I've not written too much, though I've thought about it a million times!
I'm working hard at getting things in order in the house and for school and for my family and for ministry, and yes, even this little thinking-space I have here, for when baby comes.
I'm hoping to take you all on a bit of a house tour, share some thoughts as we celebrate ten years since coming to Ghana, and even hopefully have some guests come, too!
Thanks for your love, prayers, packages, and sweet notes of encouragement!

4 comments:

  1. Love your posts, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! I have been MIA on the blog front too! For way too long - but I feel like I am on a carousel! Round and round! Not sure where I start and stop! :) But God will see me through and help me sort through all the "stuff" on my to do list! Praying for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful pregnant mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are in my prayers constantly! Love you and miss you all! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete