Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New Challenges {of the kitchen kind!}


There are so many things moving half way around the world has taught me.....
One of those things is that the shoulder of a road is in actuality another lane.
There are so many things being a mother has taught me.....
One of those things is that motherhood asks you to do some gross stuff {I will not insert our most recent potty-training story here}, but you just do it anyways.
There are so many things growing up has taught me.....
One of those things is that what is important to you and what you want in life will never be what you imagined when you were 18 or even 25.


At the crossroads of all three of those things right now is food.
Food on the foreign field is expensive...
Motherhood demands that I provide the healthiest food for my family I can....
Instead of dreaming of doing dare-devil feats like sky-diving, now I dream of making cheese and collecting eggs from my own chickens each day.
Weird, I know.


But that is what is going on my strange brain right now.
Sure, there are lots of other things I'm learning right now {for isn't that part of life?}, and I'll probably share some of them soon.....
but for now, I'm learning in the kitchen.
A little sourdough here....
some cheese there....
and {hopefully soon!} some chickens in the backyard!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to hear about all of these new adventures. =) I just did a sour dough starter for the first time about 10 days ago. It is still alive and the bread it makes tastes great. Expanding my garden, adding fruit trees/bushes, and learning to can are some of my new challenges that I would like to accomplish. On the spiritual side, my challenge with my kids is to memorize a chapter of the Bible before summer is over. I read a couple to them and they choose I Cor 13 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an experience! I am very curious about the cheese, believe it or not! I'm sure the chickens will be the most entertaining, though!

    ReplyDelete