Monday, June 3, 2013

Nesting


We found out we were expecting our oldest just one month before moving from America to Ghana.
As we didn't have a permanent place to live I didn't have much time for nesting. All our time was consumed in finding a home for our about-to-expand family and traveling to see the doctor in the capital city and then waiting. I won't bore you with the story of the 11 days we waited for Carey to arrive!
We moved from Ghana back to America for furlough when I was six months along with my middlest, and from Ghana to America again for furlough when I was six months along with my littlest.
Now we are being blessed with number 4!
And the other day I had an amazing thought.....
for the first time ever, I get to nest.
In my own home.....
in my own city.....
with my own things.....
surrounded by the ones I love.
Nothing could make this mama bird any happier!


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I never realized how important having your own "nest" was until I had to be without! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Congratulations!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited for you, Patty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) So glad you get to do the nesting thing! :) Congrats, again, and love the pictures! :) Can't wait to meet him or her! :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally hear you this is my first time nesting in my own home as well. I am so grateful. I love your writing. sometime i may give you my posts to make them better ha! i crave expressing my feelings so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Gretchen. I've been thinking of you and praying for you often during this time!

      Delete
  6. Somehow I missed reading this important post! I am so happy for you, Patty! So glad you get to be home this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember you visiting our church in Northern Michigan just before your youngest was born! We all prayed for you and her! I will continue to pray for your family and maybe see you again some day. I am friends with Laura Consford (known her since birth!). God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you! Can't wait to see that new little one:) Praying that you have a safe delivery and healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete