Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Can Do That!


One of the most fulfilling parts of my adult life has been realizing that I really can do more than I ever thought I was able when I was younger.
Sure, I had lots of dreams, but many of them seemed scary and difficult, and part of me never really felt that I could pull them off.
One thing adulthood has taught me over and over again is that if I know I'm supposed to do something, then the best way to do so is to jump in with both feet.
That truth applies in every area, from the simple to the complex, from the mundane to the spectacular.
Find out what God wants me to do, when He wants me to do it, and then step out by faith!
It is as easy and as terrifying as that!






Move half way around the world.....I can do that!
Learn a new language and culture....I can do that!
Give birth and raise children....I can do that!
Learn to bake bread....I can do that!
Homeschool my kiddos....I can do that!
Learn to be a keeper at home....I can do that!
Give the gospel in a foreign country...I can do that!
Learn a new skill in the kitchen....I can do that!
Determine to never stop learning and growing....I can do that!
Why?
Because I can do everything God wants me to.





A few pictures from my latest learning experience ~ making mozarella.
It tasted like success!

 
What has been your most recent learning experience....and success?

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Patty! It looks like it turned out fantastic! One of these days I will get brave and try my hand and that, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm totally impressed:)
    After all that hard work...I'm sure it tasted SO good.

    ReplyDelete