Friday, May 31, 2013

In the Kitchen





If you would have told me ten years ago that I would be spending so much of my time in the kitchen, I would have given you a sideways glance and a small smile and thought you were a little nuts.
If you would have told me ten years ago that I would enjoy spending so much of my time in the kitchen, I would have laughed right out.
Yet here I am ~ a decade older and enjoying my time preparing and cooking food for my family.

Living in a land with very little in the way of processed foods is a lot of work,
but it is also a blessing in disguise.
Sure, there are days I'd love to go to the store and buy bags of chips and tubs of yogurt and lots of quick things to feed my family with.
But it's not an option.
And now that I'm used to doing these things?
I'm actually to the place {most days} where I think of cooking as just one more way to bless my family.
And when I get to bless my family with food, I get blessed, too!

Recently stumbled across the perfect pita chip recipe.....
Cut pita bread {ours comes from the Lebanese bakery} into bite-size pieces. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle mix of 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder over bread. Bake at 250 degrees, checking {and flipping if necessary} chips about every 15-20 minutes until desired crispness, approximately 45-60 minutes.
Let cool and store in ziploc bag for up 5 days {if they last that long!}
Serve with hummus or dip of your choice, as croutons on a salad, or just by themselves. They are delicious any way you eat them!

1 comment:

  1. I love pita chips!!! I will bookmark this recipe for later, for sure! :) I enjoy my time in the kitchen, too...most days...So I know what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete