Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday

Today was Palm Sunday.
Growing up in a place with no palm trees, I never remembered this day until my Sunday School teacher taught our lesson about Jesus' triumphal entry.
Oh, but here?
We have palm trees.
And you cannot go far without seeing signs of the day!
On cars...


In hands...


In church parades...


What better time to point our children to the cross and to Christ!


Today we folded our palm leaves into crosses.



Crafts are a rarity in Sunday School here, so we had quite the time!


Yes, some children strapped them to their foreheads....but I figure that if it gets them thinking about the cross this week, that is a good thing!

3 comments:

  1. Those crosses are great! Wish we could do them here out of real palm leaves! :) Instead, we made those Easter Story Cookies I told you about - and I got very emotional when going over each step (they are a great visual, and that got me choked up thinking about what Christ did for us, and then the happy tears about the hope and victory we have in His ressurection). I am thinking they will definitely be a tradition here (and the kids and hubby loved the taste, so that's a bonus). :) You're right - if it gets them (and me) thinking about Christ, it's all good! :) Love ya guys and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great craft:) Praying you all have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete