Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Mama's Water of Life


Oh, the life of a mama!
This month has been full of ups and downs,
surprises,
and lots of unexpecteds.
It has been quite hot and dry....
leaving all of us needing a bit of the water of life.
When I most want to crawl in bed and hide out,
my kiddos are usually just the refreshment I need!

They've been helping me bake...


Creating beautiful pieces of art...


Helping in the kitchen...


Creating some more...



Helping me clean...


From the biggest right down to the littlest....



Playing....


And turning their dry, dusty world...


Into a place of beauty...


Putting on shows.....


And losing costumes half-way through performances... 

And as I keep my eyes, and my ears, and my heart open,
instead of withering away,
I'm refreshed to overflowing.
 

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful, beautiful pictures, children, and words from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is Shannon Brown, and i'm from Jacksonville Fl & i came across your blog last week while i was on maria's blog from Jamaica. ( and i enjoy ready her posts so much)
    I wanted you to know that i was deeply moved by your blog. i was especially moved by the one about Inusah, and his acceptance to Christ, as i was in tears as i read it to my husband. We do prison & homeless ministry here in florida and we have came across a few people like him.
    I cant tell you the last time i was stirred in my spirit to reach the lost, as i was sitting at the lunch table yesterday w my ministry friends from my church, i read the post about Inusah's acceptance to them, they were amazed! tears were flowing and the Lord was convicting our hearts as to contiune to reach the lost and dying world. I am praying for you and your family as the Lord continues to bless, and keep your family. You truly opened my eyes.
    Thank you for your servanthood

    Luv and prayers, Shannon Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness what great photos. I think of you in Ghana more than you can image -- I've never known anyone living there and can just really feel for your adventures with a young family! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete