Thursday, December 6, 2012

DIY Christmas Gifts: Ribbon Wands


I have two of the cutest little nieces in the world.
And no, I'm not biased at all!

My girls said their cousins' gifts needed to be pretty and fun and should probably include lots of pink! That translated into ribbon wands!

All we needed was a dowel rod, some ribbon, and some hot glue.
{With three little girls in the house, I bought lots of ribbon from the clearance bins at Michael's while on furlough!}

Cut ribbon to desired length {you don't want it too long or it will get too tangled!}


Using hot glue, tack on one strand of ribbon at a time, overlapping as you go round...


Starting at top of rod, wrap final piece of ribbon round-n-round until the glued on ribbon is covered. You can also tie on a bow or knot at the end just to finish it off!


If how much my little girls wanted to play with them is any indication, I'm thinking these will be a hit!

1 comment:

  1. Looks cute, Patty! I'm sure they will love them! :) And don't worry, I won't tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete