Wednesday, December 5, 2012

DIY Christmas Gifts: Button Ornament


We've been diligently working on our homemade Christmas gifts, but the calendar is moving faster than I can appreciate!
We've had several projects almost done, and we used yesterday to get them finished up!
This gift is for my husband's grandmother (the girls' great-grandma!)
She is an amazing woman, and I'm so very glad that God has blessed her with health and strength!

Last year while on furlough we got to spend a few days at her house.
She has one of those perfect "grandma houses" with surprises tucked away and excitement hiding in the next box!
One evening she pulled out her old button box and let the girls sort and play for hours.
They had such fun with something so simple!
As she said, "You can never have too many buttons!"
So she had me take a bag full before we left.
When I saw a picture of a button ornament on Pinterest, I knew that would be the gift for Granny this year!

All you need is buttons...


Some straight pins with ball heads and a styrofoam ball!


I showed the girls how to choose and pin the buttons... some single.... some double... I think maybe even a triple in there!

 

It was quite simple for them to do on their own!

Once it was finished, we pinned a loop of ribbon and then a bow to the top!


A pretty ornament and special memories...
I think she's gonna love it!


2 comments:

  1. She most definitely will love it, Patty! So cute! :) Not only that, but it will remind her of that day with the buttons...and I know that will make her smile. Such a thoughtful gift!

    Thank you for linking it up to our 12 Days of Christmas {Goodies}! I'm glad that my corner of the blogosphere gets to share in on this present to Granny. :)

    ReplyDelete