Thursday, November 1, 2012

What To Do When The Lights Go Out...


Although I love living in a place with four traditional seasons,
I'm slowly learning to enjoy the two we have here: wet and dry.
I've now lived here long enough to appreciate the subtle difference {besides hot and hotter!}.

One of the facts of life as we creep closer to dry season
{although the rains have kept on for quite a nice while this year!},
is that we have less electricity.
In other words, the lights are off.....a lot.

This has been quite an area of learning for me.
And nine years in, I think I'm finally learning to accept it.
Some days, it is cheerful endurance, and others, well, I endure.


It certainly helps to have a list of things to do when the lights go out, instead of moping in the dark.


1. We enjoy our family read-alouds.
2. We have family craft nights by candlelight.


3. And our newest form of entertainment?
Shadow puppets!
Those are great fun for everyone, except the littlest.
I think they scared her a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Always love seeing the pictures, Patty! :) The girls change so much in such a short time! I hope Lili learns to love the shadow puppets soon! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete