Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pearls

For some time now I've debated what this blog was to be about.
When I started it, I simply wrote about my life here in Ghana.
But somewhere along the way I started struggling with all this.
Should I just write about lessons learned?
Parenting?
Creating?
Missionary-ing? {Yeah, I know it's not a word!}
Lately I've had an ongoing internal struggle about what I should be putting on paper
{figuratively speaking}.
When I asked my hubby, he gave me wise advice, as always.
"Why don't you pray about it?"
Not what I wanted to hear, but certainly the best advice.
So I did.
And of course, I'm back to square one.
Where I should have been content to stay.
I'm writing about what I know.
Life.
My life.
My life here in Ghana...
as a mama.
as a wife.
as a missionary.
as I learn.
as I create.

“I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” ― L.M. Montgomery

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote! Sometimes I feel like I only have something to write about when "exciting" things happen, but I really am extremely thankful for the "uneventful," normal days.

    ReplyDelete