Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fresh Salsa

Mexican food...what isn't there to love?

Being a missionary in Africa, I'm not talking about the authentic stuff. I've never had that!

I'm talking about good ol' tacos, burritos, fajitas, and most importantly, chips and salsa!

I think the first ten pounds I gained after being married was all from chips and salsa {okay, maybe a little cheese dip, too}!

Fast forward a few years to Ghana.....not a tortilla chip or salsa in sight.

And then......

an ex-pat told me to try green plantain chips.

Were they exactly like tortilla chips?

Nope.

Would they do the job?

Yep!

Now what about that salsa???

I found this fresh salsa recipe in my Cooking with Spices for Dummies cookbook, and it's been a family favorite ever since!

Join me over at the Baptist Missionary Women blog for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment