Friday, August 24, 2012

Messy Motherhood

Before I had children, I had lots of ideas of what motherhood would look like......
sweet-smelling, cooing, chubby-cheeked little babes,
romping through meadows of wild flowers,
splashing in the brook and finding little fish and such to observe,
snuggling on the couch as we listened to a book being read aloud,
picnics,
laughing as we played games of Monopoly,
tucking in the kiddos with a prayer and a kiss........
I think you get the idea.
And to be honest, the lovely blog world,
and status lines on facebook,
and ESPECIALLY Pinterest,
contribute to that idea!



If you are a mom,
then you know that the above scenarios are pretty few and far between
{to say the least}!
Real motherhood is messy,
dirty,
frustrating,
and plain old hard work.
And.....
that is okay!
Don't run from it!
Don't bury your proverbial-head-in-the-internet-sand and pretend that you have a life like those in the pictures you see.
Give your mess to God.........He'll make it into something more amazing than you could ever imagine!






Preaching this one to myself as I {finally} get my littles to bed after a very looooooong day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your phrase : " Give your mess to God"! Thank you for being real =)

    ReplyDelete