Thursday, June 7, 2012

Have You Ever Felt Like Moses?

Have you ever felt like Moses?
Ever felt like Pharaoh's army is right behind you and there's an enormous body of water in front of you?
That's where we are at. Right now.
It's a fun story to listen to when you are a little kid in Sunday School, but it's quite another to live when you are an adult.
How did Moses and the children of Israel feel?
Afraid? I'm sure.
Worried? More than a little bit!
More likely, they were scared out of their minds.
Wondering how in the world they'd gotten into this tight spot.
More importantly, how they were going to get out of it.
Tight spots squeeze.
It's hard to breathe in a tight spot. It is certainly NOT comfortable.
And not a place anybody wants to stay in.
But that's exactly where God asked them to stay.
He told Moses and the children of Israel to stand still.
 Ex 14:13-14 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
That seems easy enough....when you know the ending.
The reason this story is so enjoyable to read is that we already know what comes next.
God opens up the Red Sea!
It's just not quite as easy when it's me standing between the proverbial "rock and a hard place."
When I'm the one standing there, hoping, praying for the miracle.
But you know what?  I can stand still, too.
Because I know the ending even though I haven't seen it.
The Lord will fight for me......
So I'm going to hold my peace.

1 comment:

  1. I should be considered an expert in the waiting field. We waited for three years for our visas to Australia. It was hard...but oh so worth it. It was hard sometime to see what God was doing, but I kept reminding myself that the wait didn't take him by surprise, and I just need to wait on Him. I held fast to Isaiah 55:8-9. Here is a blog post I wrote about our waiting...
    http://bethouexalted.blogspot.com.au/2009/01/stand-still.html
    &
    http://bethouexalted.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/waiting.html

    ReplyDelete