Friday, May 11, 2012

Enjoying My New Eyes

I told myself that I wanted to see Ghana through "new eyes" when I came back from furlough. I thought,"I've lived in Ghana for a long time now. Everything is normal to me; that's my home." Well, I was certainly setting myself up for a surprise! It's amazing how much this dumb broni has forgotten in a year. Things like..... how dirty my feet get.....
how it is completely impossible to fit 50 kg worth of stuff back into a suitcase once it is opened...
what real traffic looks like...
how easy it is to find a new pair of shoes...
how incredibly good Fan Ice cream is when it's hot...
and how bangs are a very, very bad idea!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home friend! Can't wait to see you in another four years. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To funny! Welcome back. I agree with the bangs, wear a sun visor especially when riding in a taxi or tro-tro. To help hold the hair back. You will be back to being a pro in no time.

    ReplyDelete