Saturday, November 5, 2011

This Insane Thing Called Furlough

I've thought and thought. Written about a thousand posts in my head. Tossed and turned ideas over and over. Long post or short post? Lots of info or little info? Funny or serious? Decaf or regular? (Just wanted to see if you were still paying attention!)
And this is what I came up with.....
Life's busy.
Time to get back to blogging anyway.
I know....profound, right?
Really, though, we've been adjusting to being a family of five instead of a family of four. We've been on the road, and schooling, and trying hard to enjoy this Fall. We've made lots of new friends and gotten to reconnect with old ones.
We've been living this somewhat insane thing called the missionary's life while on furlough.
Here's a little peek....
Okay...as I'm sitting here going through pics, I realized that if I put them in one post it would be the longest.post.ever. And as it's one o'clock in the morning, I'm gonna stop now.
If all goes according to my plan (which would actually be a miracle since I have three young children including a two month old and John is on the road for the next week), I'll try to break away from my norm and try to post a couple of times over the next couple of days, and then I'm gonna tell you about an exciting giveaway I have coming up just for missionary moms on the field!
See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came to your blog from the BMW facebook page. Furlough is a busy time. I only made two posts during our entire 6 month furlough, but I wouldn't suggest that... too much catching up to do once you're home again! :-)

    Congratulations on your cute new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insane... but fun times:)
    Lily is a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also came to your blog through the BMW FB page.... Would it be possible for you to take a minute and add a "subscribe by e-mail" option to your blog? I know you're busy, busy, busy.... I have four kiddos and struggle to find extra time... but when you can catch a minute to do that I would really appreciate it! That is the best way for me to keep up with everyone's blogs.... when they are cluttering my inbox, I'm sure to read them all! :-)

    Jolene
    sloans2ukraine at netzero.net

    ReplyDelete