Friday, May 20, 2011

Little Blessings


Okay, so I said I'd be back in two weeks (the last time I blogged), and, ummm, well, yeah. That didn't happen. I forgot how big an international move is. It's a BIG deal. It takes a lot of time. It is overwhelming. And reverse culture shock? It's real and can be a bit much to deal with at times.
All in all, we had a great trip. Long, but smooth. My girls were little troopers - I was so proud of them!
Since we've been back, we've been enjoying our families, buying all the things needed to live here during this furlough time, working like crazy on getting things ready for traveling, and trying to find some kind of day-to-day routine.
We've also been FREEZING! But I won't go into that!
I know when I get busy, it is easy to lose sight of the important. It's often easiest to focus on just getting through the to-do list than on life itself.
Since that's been one of my struggles since returning stateside, today's post is my attempts at noticing the blessings instead of the burdens. Hope you enjoy a little view of life on this side of the pond!











-------------------------------------------------------------
I also said last time I wrote that I'd be having a fun little contest soon. It's almost ready, but not quite! Hopefully I'll have everything together next week!

1 comment:

  1. Patty,
    we are so happy to have you back for a time. Might be short but will be nice. I have not seen you since mother's day. Hope all is well.I am sure you hve been really busy. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Love you guys so much!!!!
    Trac
    ps..... I have the same problem getting focused on my to do list and not always seeing what I should~!

    ReplyDelete