Friday, May 27, 2011

Contest Time!!!

I'm sure you've all been holding your breath waiting for this little contest...okay, maybe not! But I've been looking forward to it for a little while!
The first time I heard about a blog was from my dear friend, Heather. We were back in the States on our first furlough, and she asked me if I was going to start a blog when we got back to the field (if we were able to get internet service). Having had extremely limited internet experience while in Ghana our first term, I had no idea what a blog was. I smiled and said I'd think about it. She really encouraged me to do so and told me about another missionary she knew that kept a blog from the field. After we headed back to Ghana, I pretty much forgot about the whole idea. One day I started thinking about some of my missionary mama friends and wondering how they were doing. I did a little googling and found out that a number of my missionary friends and acquaintances had blogs. After looking them over a bit, I asked John what he thought. He loved the idea! And thus, my blog was born.
It was as simple as that! I didn't know that I was supposed to think about branding and marketing and advertising and commenting and following and giveaways and so on and so forth!
So back to the contest. If this blog hasn't done anything for anybody but myself, I consider it time well spent. I've enjoyed putting up pictures and working on my sad, sad photography skills -- better than leaving them in little files in the computer! It's been a wonderful place to journal my thoughts and feelings, lessons I'm learning, fun memories, and blessings and trials. And it's been a great place to share prayer requests and hear from those who are praying for us and God's work in Ghana.
So the contest? As a way to say thanks for sharing the last three and a half years with me, I put together a little gift basket from Ghana. All you have to do to enter the drawing is answer four little questions! You can answer in the comments section or on facebook (either on my wall or inbox) and then make sure to leave a way I can contact you if you win! (email address or your wall on fb will work!)
*Sorry Mom and other family members - you are out on this one -- you already know all the answers!
*And yes, this is open to you wherever you live in the world, just as long as you are willing to pay for the customs or duties that may be required :)

1. We started our journey to America from the second largest city in Ghana. The place we call home is _______________.
2. We flew out of the capital of Ghana, ____________.
3. We had our layover in a city known not only for gray skies, but also splashes of red: the buses, the telephone booths, and the post boxes. We stayed in _____________ for several hours.
4. We landed in a city near a lake. What a windy day! Our last stop before my parents' home was __________________.

So there it is! Just leave your answers, and I'll randomly choose one of you with the correct answers. The winner will be announced next Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Was I that Heather? I'm pretty sure we talked about blogs!

    1. Kumasi
    2. Accra
    3. London
    4. Chicago (seriously, Chicago? I would have come to see you, though I'm guessing you had a short layover and we would have had to wave at each other through security)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna mention your contest on my blog...okey dokey? Hope so cause I kinda already did! Have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I messaged my answers to your FB account! GREAT contest idea! See you next week! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Kumasi
    2.Accra
    3.London
    4.Chicago
    I probably should not count either but wanted to answer anyway.
    Love you guys bunches.

    ReplyDelete