Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Flat


Have you ever felt flat? Like a bottle of pop, or soda, or mineral, or however you say it, that's been left out too long without the cap screwed on tightly?
That' pretty much how I've felt lately...tired, boring, no fizz. More worried about just getting through the day, than how I did it. Existing, yes; living, no.
The funny thing about a blog is that the readers only knows what is going on if the author tells them. It's easy to think a blogger's life is all rainbows and lollipops, or that they are just lazy and not writing, when really, neither one is probably the reality.
There's been a lot going on here in Ghana for quite a long stretch now. I've written about a million, okay, maybe a thousand posts in my head, but was never quite sure how to put it all, or finish it off, or even make it interesting to read. So I haven't been writing. There are days I've felt I'd explode if I didn't write it all out, but at the end of the day, I've just swallowed it down and gone on. And that swallowing it down over and over again has left me feeling like the old soda that's been left on the counter overnight. Flat.
Does anyone like to drink a flat Coke? Not me. So I'm writing again. It may be boring, it may be mundane, but it's my life. This is the only one I've got, so I might as well live it....with the fizz!

6 comments:

  1. Write it girl.....let it out.

    I too feel very flat....especially lately. It's hard to smile, everything irritates me, even my precious, healthy, beautiful family that I adore doesn't seem to be enough.

    I need a good dose of GOD.

    I'd love to go away for an evening to attend a ladies retreat. Get some good practical preaching on my duties as a wife and mom.....

    Days like these are difficult on the field......

    But I, like you, love where we are and what we are doing....some days are just tougher than others.

    I'll be praying for you, I ask you'd do the same for me....

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing, Patty! We love it! I've felt the same way lately. I have also been very lack on keeping up with my blog. I am going to rememdy that. I need to write! I also started to keep a journal last night. I need to talk about some things, write them down, and unscramble them in my head. More often than not, my post are going to be boring...but it be for my benefit and maybe someone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading more - with or without fizz! :)
    Feel free to share my link. Nice to "meet" you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know you personally, but enjoy the glimpse that I have into your life there in Ghana. Praying for you during your time of "flat". I love being on the field here in Panama but there are times I can't figure out if I need a swift kick in the pants or a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes either one would feel better than flat :)
    Ruth H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, patty. thanks for responding back to me. i sent an email via my gmail address. hopefully that will be easier than responding thru the comments section.

    hope to hear from you when we can.
    ~stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you friend... I too, know exactly what you mean. Can we just all go with Nina in Portugal on a ladies retreat?

    ReplyDelete