Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Football Time!

For those of you who don't know much about soccer/football, you may not be aware that the World Cup is being played right now.
Before I moved to Ghana I knew nothing about the World Cup. I enjoyed playing soccer at school and camps, but I'd never watched it on television.
Then.....I moved to Ghana. Soccer is big. Not a little bit big.....really big......life or death big. So I started to watch soccer. Not a lot, but enough that I could talk about with people here. So I could relate to what they were talking about. So I didn't sound like a complete ignoramus whenever it came up in a conversation (which is alot!).
The World Cup matches started the middle of June and will be done the middle of July. Until then, almost everyone here will think, talk, eat, drink, breathe, dream, live soccer. We've enjoyed watching the games and trying to keep up with who is playing and against whom they are playing (and let me just say that I have no idea if my grammar is correct in this sentence or not....).
Then came the BIG day. Ghana and the USA had moved to the Round of 16 and were going to play each other.
So we did what any self respecting missionaries would do. We cheered for both! And here are the pictures to prove it!
Here's Ella (and yes, I'm pinching her nose in that picture, I couldn't seem to get it right without holding her very still!):


Here's Carey:


Here are the girls acting silly, as usual:

And here is my wonderful hubby with the girls:

And no, there are no pictures of me, not because I'm shy, but because moms are always the ones taking the picture, right?!?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patty,

    Please email me at vfrania17@aol.com. I'm working on a missionary poster for my church of your family and would like to use some of your pictures.

    Thanks,

    Val Frania

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics! we watched the games too, thought of you all during THAT game! --- my John is a big soccer fan... and the world cup is only every 4 years!

    and, yes, your grammar was beautifully correct :)

    ReplyDelete