Tuesday, April 27, 2010

If You Give a Missionary a Mango...

Have you ever read the Laura Numeroff "If..." series...If you give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, etc? Well, I've got a new one to add to the collection. It goes something like this...

If you give a missionary a mango, she might eat it. If she eats it, she might have her face swell up like a balloon. If her face swells up like a balloon, she might not want to eat mango again. If she doesn't want to eat mango again, please don't give the missionary a mango.


There I am, in all my glory!
Ends up that people who are highly allergic to poison ivy, as I am, should not eat mangoes. Wish I would have known that BEFORE I decided to eat the mango!
Ah well, another day, another lesson learned!

3 comments:

  1. OH Patty - that is awful... in more ways than one -cause i love mangos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!
    You inspired me... check out my blog. The pictures are very flattering:)
    Has that package arrived yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that there was a poison ivy/mango connection. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete