Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Come And Get It!


One wonderful blessing of being a missionary in Ghana is all the wonderful food we have here! I'm serious!
I think most missionaries have a food horror story or two, but on the whole, I think most missionaries grow to love the foods of their fields.
Even though I've lived here almost seven years (I can't believe it's been that long!), I'm still introduced to new foods on a regular basis. Since Ghana has so many tribes, and each tribe has its own food, as I meet people from new people groups, I often get to enjoy some of their delicacies.
My family and I were recently introduced to a dish from the FareFare people of northern Ghana -- Bombara beans! I know, just beans doesn't sound that good, but these are!
The dish is quite simple -- bombara beans cooked for eight hours (yes, really, you have to cook them overnight!), melted shea butter spooned over the top (it's not just for your skin, folks!), and hot ground pepper sprinkled on top! WoW!!!!!!
GoOd sTuFf!!!!!!

Here are Emily and I enjoying them at Alice's on Saturday. If you come a visit me sometime, I'll do my best to let you try them, too!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!
    ... Speaking of food, we got the chocolate in the mail last week, and all gave it a try. It was really different, but good. Thank you so much!!!
    I do have a funny story to tell... the corner of the envelope, card, and the 2 big bars were chewed off:) Two teeth marks, so I'm assuming a large rat smelt something yummy. It was so funny, and we got a good laugh out of it. Don't worry... we ate off the other end! Send me your email address, and I'll send you pictures:)

    I also dropped some fun things in the mail for you all on Monday. I mailed it "surface" ... not sure what that means for you all?? They said it could take up to three months... but I'm praying for one month. There were 4 different ways to mail it?? Pray that it gets to you safe and sound, and by Easter, as I enclosed some treats for the girls.

    Thanks again! Send me your email:)

    ReplyDelete