Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Carey!


My first-born is six years old! WoW! Where does the time go????

It wasn't that long ago that John and I were impatiently awaiting her arrival!

Not only were we about to be new parents, but we were new missionaries living in a brand-new country, half-way around the world from home!

We couldn't find a hospital we were comfortable with in the city we were living in, so we went to the capital to look for one.
We not only found an incredible hospital and an amazing doctor, but the Lord also provided a great place for us to stay......for free!

Someday I might write down the whole miraculous, crazy story of Carey's arrival in the world, but not today!

I thought, though, that you might enjoy some hilarious pics from Carey's birth and some adorable ones of her today!

Happy Sixth Birthday, Carey!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carey!!

    wow - *6* - where does time go??? my oldest will be 6 in 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures.
    Happy Birthday Carrie!

    They are growing up... did you see that Jonathan turned 5 over at the Tylers place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you! I remember waiting anxiously to hear about Cary being born, and I remember secretly being glad that you had to come home soon after (because that meant we got to see you!) And here I am about to cry just thinking about it! I hate pregnancy hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally did not mean to misspell Carey's name in that last comment!

    ReplyDelete