Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Little Food Fun!

Just felt like being silly today!
I thought it would be fun to have a little contest -- a food contest!
Don't worry! You don't have to eat any strange Ghanaian food! I'm sure some of you were quite concerned!
For this food contest, all you have to do is identify the food in the picture!
I've included ten pictures of things we eat here in Ghana. Some of them we eat often and some of them we don't! Some of them are American and some of them are not! Some of them are cooked and some of them are in there natural state!
To encourage everybody to play along, the winner gets a little PRIZE! A food prize, no less! Don't worry, it's not monkey meat or fish eyes. Honestly, we don't eat things like that here! The winner will get a nice little package straight from Ghana filled with Ghanaian chocolate. Since we are the second largest cocoa exporter in the world, I'd say we have some pretty good stuff!
So, if you want to play along, just leave me a comment with your answers, numbered one to ten. If you don't have a Google or Blogger account, all you have to do to leave a comment is sign in under anonymous, or you can send me your answers on facebook or through my email. Obviously you won't know the proper names of all the foods, in those cases, just describe what food you see!
Have fun!
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
That doesn't look to hard now, does it?!?
Give it a shot, you might be surprised!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this....I really want that chocolate!

    1. I have no idea
    2. Fish
    3. banana tree
    4. pizza
    5. Your thanksgiving turkey
    6. rice balls
    7. curry
    8. sugar cane
    9. coconut
    10. a good american smore!

    So much fun, Patty
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1~ coucous
    2~ fish with heads AND EYES!
    3~ coconut tree
    4~ pizza
    5~ turkey
    6~ falafels
    7~ rice with a spicy sauce
    8~ sugar cane
    9~ papaya
    10~ s'more

    Thanks Patty, this was fun. Now we are so curious.
    Love, The Martins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane and I gave it a try...
    1. rice and plantains
    2. fish and rice with slaw
    3. plantains
    4. pizza
    5. turkey
    6. orange rice
    7. red rice
    8. sugar cane
    9. coconut
    10. smore

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. FuFu
    2. We had this, but I can't remember what it is (I recognize the Shiitu)
    3. Banana
    4. Pizza!
    5. Your Thanksgiving turkey
    6. Jollof rice
    7. Chicken & rice
    8. Sugar Cane
    9. Grapefruit
    10. S'mores!

    ReplyDelete