Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for this year! As I spent the day of Thanksgiving in preparation for our feast, I was overwhelmed by how good God is to me!

God has blessed my family and me in so many ways, I can't even begin to count them.
Some of them are huge things -- victories in our daily walk, the growing of a group of baby believers, the growth of our children, the winning of daily battles involved in understanding and speaking a foreign language, the salvation of those in utter spiritual darkness.



And some of them are small -- hearing my husband pray for the first time in Twi, fun family time with our silly girls, wonderful Ghanaian friends to share the holiday with, leather leaf trees shedding their huge leaves at just the right time so we have something to crunch in as we walk,



bushes on our compound needing a trim so we could build a mountain of "leaves" to jump into, a friend who is willing to push me when I need it so I can progress as needed in the language, fresh pumpkin to be made into pumpkin pies,


time as a family to prepare for Christmas!

I hope you enjoy the pictures of our wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, and I hope your holiday was wonderful, too!
I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patti,John and girls,
    We are so thankful ! Kyle was able to come home only for a few short days ( like 2) but we will take them. We had a thanksgiving feast I cooked all afternoon as he did not arrive in til 6:40pm but like I said better than not at all. We went to see the grandparents. Had a couple of just fun days. Jackie is now battling a cold. First basketball game is next week.
    My nephew got saved on Thanksgiving day.
    Your girls are growing so fast. Carey looks so old in the pictures.
    Not that they both have not grown cause they have but she just looks so much older. Can you even believe Jackie will be 17 next month? Wow~ All those many years ago when I was the teenager and I carried you all over. It just does not seem like it was that long ago. Yet it was a lifetime ago!!!
    We love you all very much and pray for you!
    Have a wonderful holiday season!
    Trac

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY GIRL! I enjoyed looking at the pics. Your girls look so happy. I am glad to hear that you are feeling much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patti,
    my name is Stacy Omorefe...next month my family will be moving to Ghana from South Dakota. We will be moving to Tema. I was hoping to talk to you to find out how you do things in Ghana with the kids and things. If you get a chance could you write me at stacy@cityofrefugeoutreach.com
    Blessings - Merry Christmas
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete