Saturday, July 25, 2009

Need Some Input, Please!

I am looking for some input from everybody who reads this blog. Things have been very busy for a while, (that's life, I suppose) and I didn't have a camera for a while, either. Now that I have my camera back, I have lots of ideas of what I want to do with this blog. But, before I do anything, I'd like to know what you all think.
As for technical things, would tagging posts be helpful? an archive search? an RSS feed? (Not quite sure I know how to do all those things, but I could try!) And as far as subject matter goes, are you interested in Ghana? missionary life? food? culture? individuals reached through the ministry? church happenings? prayer requests? Are there some things you would really like to know about, but I've never written about? Would you like more pictures of family? day-to-day life? oddities?

I know there are more people who read this blog than ever post a comment. Even if you've never posted a comment or aren't even sure how to do it, please give me some feedback. You can comment anonymously if you don't have a blogger account. You can drop me a line on facebook. You can even email if you'd like! But please, please, let me know what you think!

I want this blog to encourage people to pray for our family and the ministry God has given us here. I also want it to spur people to think about Ghana's needs and the needs of all Africa!

Here are some pictures from this summer. Enjoy!




I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

8 comments:

  1. As far as subject matter, I would say all of the above! I like a mix of family news and ministry news.

    I'm thankful for modern technology! It makes me feel not so far away from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patty... I am sooo glad you have a camera again :D I love to see pics of the girls as well as your ministry. I enjoy readying/knowing about all the aspects of your life in Ghana - from family activities to church fellowship :D as far as keeping up with it... I just see when you've written from the update on my own blog and head over.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a great job mixing it all up=) So happy for your camera, I was praying you would get one. That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like it all... I enjoy reading about ministry, but also family. Helps me know that I'm "kind of" normal:)
    You do great and I enjoy reading about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love hearing about everything! Since you are so far away it is great to hear about all your daily activities. We love knowing how your ministry is going and all the daily things with that. We enjoy hearing about God's work and HIS hand in your life! We love you guys and pray for you! I know Jackie has been talking about coming back there ever since she got back here.
    Can you even believe she is a jr this year? Also, that this is Jenni's last year in grade school? We just bought her a clarinet and she plans to start lessons this fall . Jackie went back to taking piano in January.Volleyball is not in full swing yet but is getting close!This summer has just flown.Theresa and the girls are here for another few days and we are going along with them when they head back next week and are going to St Louis and Branson then they will head for home and we will also.
    Take care and know we miss you!
    Trac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Patty! I love your blog and it has been a huge encouragement to me. I like the mix of family, day-to-day, and ministry. I'm glad you got a camera. I love seeing all of the different pictures of your life.
    Joanna (Bailey) Robson

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog. Whether you write about your family or your ministry. My favorite post has been the one about 9 yr old Coli. I like reading about the customs there and seeing pictures of the people.
    The only input I have is maybe more photos of the area in which you minister in. Your church, town, etc.
    You do a wonderful job with this blog!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love stopping by to read your latest post. So happy you have a camera again, I prayed that the Lord would provide one. I enjoy reading about hte family as well as the ministry, and all the real life ups and downs as a mom and wife on the field.

    ReplyDelete