Sunday, May 11, 2008

Prayer Request Update #3

Here is an update from Aaron's surgery Friday...
"Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!! Surgery went very well. They did remove the middle lobe and part of the bronc. tube of his right lung. The tumor was larger than they expected but by all prelimenary testing, it is benign, as are the surrounding lymp nodes. Very Good News. They used part of his muscle to repair the bronchial tube, so now his biggest hurdle is making sure that there is no leaking of that repair. We, as his family, would like to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, phone calls and concern."
And, an update from today...
"I am sitting in my hospital recovering room right now with my wonderful wife at my side. She has done such a great job taking care of me. She is waiting on me hand and foot (and lung). I've had some great nurses who all happen to be born again Christians...and most of them Baptists! That's a great thing to be here with Brothers and Sisters in Christ though I was hoping to be able to witness to someone.
The first day I had about 20 tubes and needles sticking out of me going every direction. Now I am down to just one chest tube and an epidural. Hopefully that will get yanked today and I'll be able to leave the hospital tomorrow. Please pray for that."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know how everything went. I had been praying and was wondering about it. We love you all ~
    Traci

    ReplyDelete