Sunday, May 18, 2008

Laundry

Well, our water is back on...sort of! Our water came back last Sunday morning for a few hours, but it has been spotty this last week. This water trouble leads to more excitement...washing clothes without a washing machine!

When we first came to Ghana, I had to wash all our clothes by hand. It took a while to master that! But, about a year and a half after we came here, another missionary gave us a washing machine. What a blessing -- no more washing cloth diapers by hand! Since then, I've been able to use the washing machine whenever the water is running and the electricity is on. Whenever both of these things are working, I do a load of laundry.

But, sometimes when either the electricity or the water are having trouble, I get to do it the old-fashioned way! I just remind myself that it is good for the biceps!


After all the washing, we use solar power to dry our clothes -- the good old-fashioned clothesline!

Either way, I've got it much easier than the African missionaries of the past!
Hooray for progress!

2 comments:

  1. wow!
    That looks like a lot of work!
    Jackie is still in shock after getting the schedule and having to get up at 5 and 6 am.
    Kyle just left on his sr trip. They are driving to Detroit and flying to Orlando. What fun they will have.
    Have a gfreat week!
    Love you guys!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to wash clothing by hand! But I do get good use of the clothes line!

    ReplyDelete