Thursday, April 17, 2008

Praying God's Word for the Unsaved

I just ran across a great article on Evangelist Will Galkin's website. It is quite powerful! I will write the basic thoughts here, but for the entire article, please look up Evangelist Will Galkin in the Friends & Favorites list (in the margin) and click on the article with the same name as this one.
1. Pray for open doors. (Col. 4:3)
2. Pray for the Word to work swiftly. (2 Thess. 3:1)
3. Pray for the Word to break hard hearts.
(Jer. 23:29)
4. Pray for the Word to discern the real issues.
(Heb. 4:12)
5. Pray that the written and living Word would
dispel darkness. (Ps. 119:105; Jn. 8:12).
6. Pray for the Spirit's conviction. (Jn. 16:7-11)
7. Pray that God's desire would be realized in the lives of the lost. (2 Pt. 3:9)
8. Pray for God-sent laborers. (Lk. 10:2)

2 comments:

  1. Ok...I have the funniest thing to tell you. We have a missionary basket on our dinner table. Each morning we change the missionaries to pray for a different family each day. This morning Emma took the job. She called into the kitchen to say..."Hey mom, awwwww.....tomorrow we are going to pray for those poor people." Of course, I came into the dining room to see who she was talking about---considering that we are "Missionaries". It was you guys. I thought it was so funny! I asked her why she thought you were poor, and the best answer that I could get was because you are in Africa. Our pastor just got back from Liberia, and we saw a slideshow Sunday night....so I think that is what she was relating it to???? Anyways....know that you will be prayed for tomorrow in a special way. And...we are rich in our Lord! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! I am so glad I found your blogspot on Shane & Kristy's page. We think about ya'll often and wish we could see you sometime. I am glad I can keep updated with your ministry now. Hope everything is going well. Keep in touch! Love ya'll and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete