Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Prayer Request Update #2

We just received an update about our friend Aaron...
I went to the surgeon today and we have a plan. The surgery will be next Thursday at 7:30 am. They are going to go in through a 9 inch incision that will be made in my back between my ribs, separate to of my ribs and start to work on my right lung. They are going to need to surgically remove a section of my main bronchial tube and my middle lobe and possibly the lower lobe. The bronchial tube will be reatattched using a muscle that will be taken from my back to help it heal quickly. I am expecting to be in the hospital for 5 days. The surgeon classified this as a pretty major surgery so I would definitely appreciate your continued prayers especially on next Thursday. I haven't been in the hospital for more than 10 years so this is all new to me. I am fully confident that my God knows where I am and will work all these things together for my good and His glory.

Again, so many people from all over the world have told me that they are praying for me. I would imagine that thousands of disciples of Christ know about this tumor and are praying. That is a huge source of strength for me. Pray for John Miller, the surgeon who will perform the surgery and for a quick recovery so we can return to North Africa. It looks like I will be able to be in North Africa for the last couple weeks that our summer interns will be there so I am excited about that. Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment